If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish is not only delicious but extremely nutritious! Blueberries are a great source of antioxidants and vitamins C, E, riboflavin, niacin, and folate. An overall superfood! Combined here with Salmon that is high in Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, B and D as well as the minerals calcium, iron, phosphorus and selenium. —Susan E. Levy
tablespoon olive oil
cups shallots, diced
cloves garlic, minced
cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
tablespoon balsamic vinegar
leaves of basil, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place salmon on nonstick baking sheet and place in oven; check at 7 minutes. Salmon is done when just firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté until soft; about 3-5 minutes.
- Add blueberries, vinegar, basil and honey. Warm through, stirring occasionally, then add water. Simmer for a few more minutes until berries are soft and basil aromatic.
- Transfer to blender or food processor and blend. Spoon over salmon fillets.
- Per serving: 303 calories, 24g protein, 17g carbohydrates, 15g fat (4g sat, 11g mono/poly), 57mg cholesterol, 1g fiber, 60mg sodium
- Seasoned Cook - Experiment with other fruits such as strawberries or pineapple. Save extra sauce for tomorrow’s lunch wrap.