If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This lentil soup is the perfect comfort food. Make a huge batch and freeze the rest for later. —themessimake.com
- 1 cup toor daal (lentils)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- 5 cups water
- Rinse daal until water runs somewhat clear. Soak daal in water for 30 minutes.
- Boil 5 cups of water, add turmeric powder and toor daal. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until the toor daal is soft. You can add more water if needed. If you have a pressure cooker, then you can cook the daal in there.
- Heat oil in a small sauce pan, add cumin seeds and let them sizzle for 20-30 seconds. Add to cooked daal.
- Add red chili powder, salt, lemon juice – mix well and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup