If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple stir fry that is popular in the west, although the original version does not include carrots, broccoli or tomato sauce! The key is the use chicken thighs, as they are robust and stays moist while being deep fried. If possible, it is best to buy raw cashew nuts and deep fry or roast them freshly, the results are well worth it. —siamesecooking
For the chicken
- 400g boneless chicken thigh fillets
- light soy sauce
- freshly ground white pepper
- oil for deep frying
For the stir fry
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 spring onions, cut into 1 inch lengths
- fish sauce
- oyster sauce
- palm sugar , grated into a powder
- whole dried chilies, deep fried
- 1 handful freshly roasted cashew nuts
- MARINADE - Slice the chicken into chunks and combine with light soy sauce and white pepper, allow to marinade for 30 minutes.
- DEEP FRY- Coat the marinaded chicken in cornflour and deep fry over medium heat until golden and fully cooked, set aside.
- SEASONING- Combine fish sauce, oyster sauce and palm sugar together in a bowl and add to the wok.
- FINISHING - Sprinkle with the dried chilies and roasted cashew nuts and serve.