If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whole soaked buckwheat is the secret to these fluffy pancakes! I find that the whole grains work better than buckwheat flour, and soaking them overnight makes them more digestible too! This the base pancake recipe is a take on Chris Kresser's, which can be found here: http://chriskresser.com/sourdough-buckwheat-pancakes-now-theyre-even-fluffier. —Betacyanin
- 1 cup raw buckwheat
- 1/2 cup kefir or full fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 pear
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cover the buckwheat with plenty of water and soak overnight (or at least 4 hours)
- Prepare the topping – zest the orange, remove the peel and segment it with a sharp knife, then squeeze the remains to extract the juice.
- Set the segments aside and combine the honey with the zest and juice to make the syrup.
- To start preparing the pancakes, drain the buckwheat and rinse it well.
- In a food processor, combine the buckwheat, kefir, spices, and salt, and process until smooth.
- Add the eggs and pulse a few times, followed by the baking soda (I like to add this right before frying)
- Serve warm with oranges and syrup.