If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love Chili's Southwestern salad but wanted a more complex flavor with a mixture of more fresh ingredients. This is the recipe we invented and it's packed with freshness and flavor. —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 5 ounces Spring Green Salad mix
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 red onion, chopped medium
- 1 Pasilla pepper, chopped medium
- 2 green onions, chopped medium
- A few sprigs of fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, cut in slices
- 16-18 small corn chips
- 1/2 cup Light Ranch Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Hot Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Rub chicken with Kirkland Sweet Mesquite Seasoning(Amazon or COSTCO) and put in the refrigerator for an hour or two to marinate. Remove 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cook chicken in a small cast iron skillet about 5-8 minutes. Shred and chop with a stainless steel spatula while cooking. Set aside.
- Prepare dressing and set aside to allow flavors to blend.
- Cut up the onion, pasilla pepper, green onions, tomatoes and cilantro. Mix all ingredients together then toss the salad with the dressing. Sprinkle with the corn chips and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken