Author Notes: Simple and delicious side or dessert! Your choice. I say both! —Lance Knowling
pounds yams, peeled and chopped
pound brown sugar
quart heavy cream
cup imitation vanilla extract, no alcohol
cup ground cinnamon
cup ground nutmeg
pound unsalted butter, chunked
In This Recipe
- Place yams in a large pot and boil until tender, do not over cook.
- Place potatoes on a sheet pan and dry out in a 350° oven, do not let potatoes brown.
- While potatoes cook, in a pot, mix together all other ingredients except butter, stirring well to incorporate thoroughly
- Bring the cream mixture to a slow boil and reduce about 1/4 for a nice caramel flavor
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter
- In a large container, mix together the liquid and the dried out potatoes very well and check the flavor (more vanilla, spice, etc...)
- When blended well, put mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth