If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple and delicious side or dessert! Your choice. I say both! —Lance Knowling
- 5 3/4 pounds yams, peeled and chopped
- 5/8 pound brown sugar
- 5/8 quart heavy cream
- 1/16 cup imitation vanilla extract, no alcohol
- 1/16 cup ground cinnamon
- 1/16 cup ground nutmeg
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, chunked
- Place yams in a large pot and boil until tender, do not over cook.
- Place potatoes on a sheet pan and dry out in a 350° oven, do not let potatoes brown.
- While potatoes cook, in a pot, mix together all other ingredients except butter, stirring well to incorporate thoroughly
- Bring the cream mixture to a slow boil and reduce about 1/4 for a nice caramel flavor
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter
- In a large container, mix together the liquid and the dried out potatoes very well and check the flavor (more vanilla, spice, etc...)
- When blended well, put mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth