If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love to make hash and throw in lots of wonderful, fresh ingredients. This one features hand made andouille sausage and Yukon gold potatoes which are delicious. —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 9 ounces homemade andouille sausage cut into rounds. Chorizo or hot Italian can be substituted.
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 yellow Bell pepper, cut into 1/2“ pieces
- 1 green jalapeno, seeded and cut into 1/4" pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped coarse
- 3 large cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and dry the potatoes and bake at 400 *F for 45 minutes. Allow to cool then slice into 1/2" pieces.
- Lightly oil a 12" cast iron pan or other saute pan and cook the onions until approaching brown. Then add everything else and saute on medium high heat until the sausage is done. Wait a few minutes before adding the garlic slices.