If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This kind of soup is as healthy and as easy as it gets. You can literally just pop everything into a slow cooker or a big pot, and cook. Vegetable options are endless, you can change the combination to suit your own taste. Who doesn't love a home cooked one pot winter soup! —Peggy Saas
Makes 4.5 litres
- 1/2 cup barley
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup pumpkin, diced
- 1 handful beans, chopped
- 6 small gourmet potatoes, halved
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons Vincotto originale
- 2-4 sprigs fresh herbs - thyme and parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Simply place all ingredients into slow cooker, season, and let it bubble away for 6 hours. Garnish with your favourite herbs and serve with delicious bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal