If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Two of my favorite flavors -- bright citrus and salty capers combine to counter the bitterness of greens. Good for side dish or over rice for lunch with some nice Parm grated on top. My husband, who eats but does not love his greens, calls this tobacco greens. —Ellyn Oaksmith
- 8 cups Assorted greens: kale, collard, beet greens etc...
- 1/3 cup best quality olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- Heal olive oil in thick, large frying pan over medium heat. Add greens and allow to wilt.
- When they are wilted, add in lemon juice. Cook for 15 minutes until greens are soft and shiny, less if you like them a bit firmer. Add lemon juice and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add capers. Still until they are combined. Salt and pepper to taste.