If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's all the bold taste of pesto- with a healthy bent. —Arti S
Makes 2 cups
- 1 Bunch of Kale. any kind. roughly chopped.
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves (one bunch from the market usually does the trick)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-5 large cloves of garlic. peeled and roughly chopped.
- 1/2-1 lemon juiced & zested
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts or cashews
- salt and pepper to taste
- Work in batches. Add 1/2 of each ingredient to the food processor and pulse until finely ground- add more olive oil as needed to loosen the mixture. Once you get the consistency you like (I like mine finely ground- not a paste, but easily spreadable)- season with salt and black pepper. Will keep refrigerated for up to a week. The recipe is very forgiving- if you love nuts- add more than 1/4 cup. Enjoy on crackers or eat it straight from the container. My favourite though- is to scoop a tablespoon or two over crispy fried runny eggs and drizzled with sriracha or your favourite hot sauce. It also makes a great topping for baked sweet potatoes.