If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My family has been making this healthy green recipe for generations. I learned it from my grandmother. It can be both the perfect "meatless" meal or it can also be enjoyed as the perfectly nutritious side dish.
For a totally meatless meal; it it delicious served over whole wheat pasta.
For those who would like meat; this is also delicious served with some sauteed hot italian sausage. —Donna
bunch Escarole (large)
ounces Can of Vegetable broth
ounces Can of Cannellini beans
Onion - medium, chopped fine
tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to medium saucepan and saute onions until soft and slightly browned.
- Add garlic and saute until soft.
- Add Vegetable broth. Let steep for a few minutes to absorb flavor.
- Add escarole (washed) and cannellini beans and cook until escarole is soft and leaves are limp.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Can be served alone or over whole wheat pasta to complete your meal.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens