If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Better Homes and Gardens recipe Broccoli-Potato Soup
with greens. I have added pancetta, onions, garlic sauteed in olive oil. Also
added the kale to cook in soup instead of putting raw kale on top. Sprinkle cayenne
pepper to serve. —Roberta White
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped
- 14 oz. can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 cups rough chopped kale
- 4 ounces chopped pancetta
- 4-6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- additional Gouda shredded
- Cayenne Pepper
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- Saute pancetta in olive oil and cook 4 min. Add onions and garlic. Cook additional 4-5 mins. Add kale and cook until slightly wilted. Keep warm.
- In large saucepan combine potatoes and broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered 8 mins. Mash slightly. Add broccoli and milk. Bring just to simmering.
- Toss flour with cheese. Gradually add to soup, stirring cheese until melted. Add pancetta, onions, garlic and kale mixture. Season to taste with fresh ground black pepper. Divide among shallow serving bowls. Top with additional cheese and cayenne pepper, if desired.