If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, delicious vegan collards for your eating pleasure. —Elizabeth Becker
medium bundles collards, chopped and stems removed
large spanish onion, medium dice
cup vegetable stock
garlic cloves, minced
tablespoons olive oil
tablespoons champagne vinegar
- In a large heavy bottom pot, preheat olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic and continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Add collards and vegetable stock. Cover and drop heat to lowest setting.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 2 and 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid, add vinegar and cook for 5 more minutes. Check seasoning and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens