If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up in a lovely Cypriot household and my mother was a wonderful cook who made every meal from scratch. Even as a child this was one of my favourites.
We ate a lot of greens and beans, meat was reserved for the weekends usually. This dish is super easy to make and my children love it as much as I did at their age. —Christine
- 3 bunches swiss chard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1/2 tsp teaspoons salt and pepper to finish
- 2 cans blackeyed peas.
- In a large pot bring enough water to a boil to cover the swiss chard, Make sure to salt the water.
- To this add the chard.
- Meanwhile rinse the blackeyed peas well and add to the pot.
- After ten minutes drain and transfer to a bowl, Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss and enjoy. In addition you can use some lovely crusty bread to sop up the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens