If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple yet special kale salad, with hints of citrus, pecorino, and of course our favorite leafy green, kale. A great go to salad with just the right amount of ingredients, so you can spend more time with your friends and family, and less time in the kitchen. —Julia Lee Tambor
Serves 6 people
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup pecorino, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Wash and dry the kale well.
- Cut out the spine of the kale and then chop the kale lengthwise into smaller ribbon like pieces.
- Heat a large skillet, add in the olive oil, and garlic until fragrant, and golden .
- Add in the kale. Keep an eye on it, mixing every so often, until the leaves soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl. Wait for it to cool.
- In another skillet, toast the slivered almonds for a few minutes until lightly golden.
- Mix together lemon juice, salt, pepper in a small bowl.
- Add dressing, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of lemon zest and toasted almonds to the cooked kale, tossing well.
- Sprinkle the dressed kale with the pecorino, leaving 2 tablespoons behind. Toss again then sprinkle remaining cheese and lemon zest on top and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens