Author Notes: This is my favorite way to cook broccolini. It is so simple in ingredients and method of cooking...simple...simple. Keeping the recipe simple is a good way of insuring that I will eat a lot of vegetables every day, plus this recipe is delicious and is a great pairing with many types of cuisine. The grilling slightly carmelizes the vegetable making it less bitter...a little sweeter. —dymnyno
1 large stem of broccolini
2 tbs olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and when the water is at a rolling boil, drop in the broccolini. Remove the broccolini after about 10 seconds.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, minced garlic and salt and fresh pepper.
- Put the broccolini in the olive oil mixture and cover it with the mixture...not too much.
- Fire up a grill or BBQ (a gas BBQ is very quick).
- Very!! quickly put the broccolini on the BBQ or grill and then turn quickly....just enough time to slightly singe the vegetable and give it a nice smokey flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Broccoli/Broccoli Rabe Dish