Author Notes: Getting your veggies in the morning doesn't have to be tedious - it can be tasty! Combine your favorite vegetables with the protein of eggs, and that's a delicious breakfast. —samimain
handful kale (or green of your choice)
slice of cheese (non-dairy cheddar used here)
slice of bread, toasted (gluten-free used here)
- Scramble the eggs together in a small bowl. Add a tiny bit of minced garlic (totally optional, but I decided to be daring today); also add a couple shakes of salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt a pat of butter in a frying pan over low/medium-low heat. Once butter starts to cook, pour in egg mixture. Add handful of greens - I had this salad mix in a plastic container in my fridge, so I added those, but just spinach would be great.
- Stir eggs and greens together in pan until they start to set. Let sit on one side for a couple minutes; while it’s cooking on that side, slice your tomato and cheese.
- Carefully flip your omelette so that it can cook up the other side. Once that side is slightly browned as well, place cheese slices on one half of omelette and the tomato slices on top of the cheese. Brace yourself and fold the other half of the omelette on top of the first.
- Serve with buttered toast (and loads of ketchup!).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens