If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A quick-fix hummus that incorporates the leafy nutritional value of kale. To jazz it up you can try adding a touch of cayenne, freshly grated cheese, or perhaps even crispy crumbled bacon. —Colleen Delawder
- 1 (15.oz) Can Great Northern Beans
- 4 Kale Leaves
- 5 Tablespoons Sun Dried Tomatoes Packed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Sweet Pimentos
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Rinse and drain beans.
- Devein kale.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; puree until smooth.
- Garnish with finely diced sun dried tomatoes, pimentos, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, bread, or vegetables.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens