Author Notes: *NOTE: This recipe is not my own. It's adapted from allrecipes: http://allrecipes.com/recipe...
This is really easy to make. It makes a great sandwich/toast and is delicious! I was surprised at how little ingredients there were in this. As an added bonus, it's pretty much allergy free... except for wheat/gluten allergies. —Lok Yi
Makes: 1 loaf
cup warm water (40-45 degrees C)
teaspoons instant yeast
- Start off by proofing your yeast in the water. To do this, just sprinkle the yeast over the water, then stir in the sugar. Leave until foamy or bubbly (5-10 mins).
- Mix in the salt and oil. Then start to incorporate the flour, a cup at a time. You might need slightly more or less flour depending on a few factors.
- Knead the dough for about 10 to 15 mins. You'll know it's ready when you shape it into a ball and it looks smooth. Put into a lightly greased bowl, cover, and leave to rise until doubled in size (45-60 mins).
- Punch down dough and knead it a little bit just to get some air bubbles out. Shape the dough, put into your greased pan, cover, and leave to rise until an inch or so above the rim of the pan. This takes about 30-45 mins.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C (350F) for 30 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped, or when the internal degree reads 85C. Leave to cool for at least half an hour to an hour... if you can!