leeks, white part only
ounces fava (100 grams)
celery stalks(each app 20cm long)
long fresh red chili pepper
80(app 2 fruit)
milliliters of bitter orange juice (or half lemon and half sour orange)
pinches of sea salt
tablespoons olive oil
In This Recipe
- Chop leeks and celery once lengthwise and then each in 2cm thick pieces.
- Wash fava in cold water, a few times.
- Pour in the fava with 2 litres of water. When it boils add the celery and lower the heat. Let it simmer until the fava is really cooked.
- Take the pan off the heat, let it cool a bit and then liquidise everything.
- Pour the soup back in the pan, add the bitter orange juice and salt.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or until very hot.