If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A healthier version of the traditional beef shepherd's pie that is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and nut free! —Poppy Loves Pear
- 4 potatoes
- 2 teaspoons nuttelex
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 600g free range chicken mince
- 400g tin diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons organic tomato paste
- 1 cup hot filtered water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- celtic sea salt + cracked black pepper for seasoning
- Prepare mashed potato - peel potatoes, dice, boil until soft, mash and add nuttelex and celtic sea salt to taste.
- Saute onion and carrot in olive oil until onion lightly browns.
- Stir through garlic and thyme.
- Add chicken mince, break up with a wooden spoon until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and water, and simmer until there is very little liquid left.
- Stir in peas and season.
- Spoon mixture into 4 ramekins or a single baking dish and top with mashed potato.
- Place under grill until the potato browns.