Author Notes: This is one of my favorite ways to eat kale! For the hummus, I have been hooked on Roots' Chipotle Hummus. It's the cleanest and best tasting hummus I've found yet. Feel free to use your favorite, or substitute something that's not as spicy, if you don't like heat! —Madison
cups washed, trimmed organic kale
organic yellow bell pepper
cup chopped pecans
cup fresh organic blueberries
cup finely diced white onion
tablespoons lemon juice (about half a lemon's worth)
teaspoon balsamic vinegar
tablespoons good, spicy hummus
salt and pepper to taste
- Combine kale, yellow pepper, pecans, and blueberries in a large bowl. Toss lightly. Set aside.
- Combine onion, lemon juice, vinegar, and hummus in a separate, smaller bowl.
- Massage dressing into kale mixture until the salad is evenly coated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens