If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my favorite ways to eat kale! For the hummus, I have been hooked on Roots' Chipotle Hummus. It's the cleanest and best tasting hummus I've found yet. Feel free to use your favorite, or substitute something that's not as spicy, if you don't like heat! —Madison
- 4 cups washed, trimmed organic kale
- 1 organic yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 1-1.5 tablespoons lemon juice (about half a lemon's worth)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons good, spicy hummus
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine kale, yellow pepper, pecans, and blueberries in a large bowl. Toss lightly. Set aside.
- Combine onion, lemon juice, vinegar, and hummus in a separate, smaller bowl.
- Massage dressing into kale mixture until the salad is evenly coated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens