If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite go to salad- complete meal on it's own or great with a grilled piece of fish or chicken! I like that many of the components can be made ahead so a fresh batch is always "at the ready." You can also add other seasonal vegetables to the master recipe to shake it up. I have used summer tomatoes and cucumbers, shredded carrots, grated beets, fresh fennel, green beans or......you decide! —Kimberly Lennert
Kale, Rainbow Chard, Romaine hearts, radishes, hard boiled eggs, fresh herbs, Parmesan, croutons
- 1 bunch Tuscan Kale chopped with tough stems removed
- 1 bunch Rainbow Chard chopped with tough stems removed
- 1 bunch romaine hearts chopped
- 1 handful chopped Italian parsley, basil, chives
- 10 radishes sliced thin
- 2 handfuls homemade croutons (I like a ciabatta or olive bread crouton rough chopped in processor then sauteed on the stove in olive oil and fresh garlic until brown and crisp!)
- 4 hard boiled eggs grated on box grater
- 1 handful freshly grated Parmesan
- Cracked pepper
- Mix assorted greens, chopped herbs, radishes, croutons & any other vegetables you'd like to add in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly toss with desired amount of dressing.
- Transfer to serving bowl and top with grated eggs, Parmesan and cracked pepper.
lemons, mayonnaise, sour cream, fresh or roasted garlic, Parmesan, cracked pepper, tobasco, whipping cream (optional)
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 minced fresh or roasted garlic cloves
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 8 grinds of cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon tobasco
- Whisk all ingredients together and adjust seasoning to taste. May also want to thin with whipping cream.
- Leftover dressing is great on sandwiches or used as dipping sauce!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens