If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I ADORE bananas and banana bread, and fooled around until I created this scrumptious concoction. —Alyssa
Makes 1 loaf
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (slightly less than a tsp)
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 tablespoon milk (can use any kind - I used almond)
- 1/2 cup butter (used slightly less than 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup stevia in the raw (the cup for cup with sugar variety) can use full cup stevia or full cup sugar instead of this combination of both
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark - also good with blend of 3/4 dark and 1/4 milk)
- Preheat oven to 350'F and grease bread pan. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
- Mash bananas in another bowl and add the tablespoon of milk. Mix.
- In a third bowl, cream butter and sugar or sugar/stevia combination.
- In this third bowl, add the eggs to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Now, add the banana/milk blend to the butter mixture.
- Slowly, in three or so stages, pour and mix the flour into the bowl.
- Once well blended, fold chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan and cook on 350'F for 60 minutes.