If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had some collard greens and poblanos from my local farmer's market and wanted to create a way to blend these delicious flavors together! Here it is! —Dana Schrenk
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Cloves of Garlic (sliced)
Yellow Onion (Chopped)
bunches Collard Greens (stems removed & chopped)
Salt (Generous Pinch)
Grounds with a Pepper Grinder
Red Poblano Peppers
- First, preheat the oven to 425°F
- While the oven is preheating stem, seed and quarter the poblanos. Next spread the peppers out on a baking dish skin down, and throw in 4 or 5 cloves of garlic. Drizzle with EVOO and a pinch of salt.
- When the oven is preheated place the peppers in the oven. Bake the peppers for 10 min and flip them skin up. Continue baking for 10-15 min until the skins start bubbling and look lightly charred.
- Once the oil is hot toss in the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Add in the sliced garlic and cumin and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and place the peppers on top of the greens and serve. Makes an excellent side dish with grilled meat. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens