Author Notes: I had some collard greens and poblanos from my local farmer's market and wanted to create a way to blend these delicious flavors together! Here it is! —Dana Schrenk
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Cloves of Garlic (sliced)
Yellow Onion (Chopped)
bunches Collard Greens (stems removed & chopped)
Salt (Generous Pinch)
Grounds with a Pepper Grinder
Red Poblano Peppers
- First, preheat the oven to 425°F
- While the oven is preheating stem, seed and quarter the poblanos. Next spread the peppers out on a baking dish skin down, and throw in 4 or 5 cloves of garlic. Drizzle with EVOO and a pinch of salt.
- When the oven is preheated place the peppers in the oven. Bake the peppers for 10 min and flip them skin up. Continue baking for 10-15 min until the skins start bubbling and look lightly charred.
- Once the oil is hot toss in the chopped onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Add in the sliced garlic and cumin and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and place the peppers on top of the greens and serve. Makes an excellent side dish with grilled meat. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens