Author Notes: A filling burrito stuffed with eggs and veggies! —samimain
handful kale (or green of your choice)
can of black beans
slice of cheese (non-dairy cheddar used here)
tortilla (gluten-free used here)
tablespoons salsa (optional)
In This Recipe
- Begin by warming your black beans in a small pot over a low heat.
- If your tortilla is refrigerated, like mine are, place in a toaster oven on a low, warming setting - or microwave slightly - just enough so that it’s not cold anymore, but not enough to fully crisp it.
- Scramble your eggs together with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in your kale, or dark greens of choice, then pour into a small frying pan over a low heat. Cook through, while frequently stirring, until eggs come together in a scramble/omelette situation.
- Start assembling your burrito as you like! I layered mine: small amount of cheese, black beans, eggs, rest of the cheese, tomato slices.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling then roll the sides over. Make your best attempt at a burrito, basically. Good luck to you.
- Enjoy with salsa or ketchup! There’s no judgment when it comes to breakfast burritos.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens