If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A filling burrito stuffed with eggs and veggies! —samimain
handful kale (or green of your choice)
can of black beans
slice of cheese (non-dairy cheddar used here)
tortilla (gluten-free used here)
tablespoons salsa (optional)
- Begin by warming your black beans in a small pot over a low heat.
- If your tortilla is refrigerated, like mine are, place in a toaster oven on a low, warming setting - or microwave slightly - just enough so that it’s not cold anymore, but not enough to fully crisp it.
- Scramble your eggs together with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in your kale, or dark greens of choice, then pour into a small frying pan over a low heat. Cook through, while frequently stirring, until eggs come together in a scramble/omelette situation.
- Start assembling your burrito as you like! I layered mine: small amount of cheese, black beans, eggs, rest of the cheese, tomato slices.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling then roll the sides over. Make your best attempt at a burrito, basically. Good luck to you.
- Enjoy with salsa or ketchup! There’s no judgment when it comes to breakfast burritos.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens