If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is light and sweet, but has enough body to stand up to the bold flavours of winter's common comfort foods. It's topped with creamy cranberry-cinnamon goat cheese. If you can't find it, simply use plain goat cheese; it will work just as well. The salad is finished with a sweet raspberry balsamic dressing that's a cinch to mix together. —Pure and Peanut Free
for the salad
- 5 - 6 large stems of organic red kale
- 1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1 organic apple
- 2 ounces cranberry-cinnamon goat cheese (or plain)
for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch fine salt
- Prepare the dressing by placing all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar with a lid. Seal and shake well until combined and emulsified. Set aside.
- Tear the kale from the center rib of the leaf. Wash well and spin dry. Chop the kale fairly fine. Place in the serving bowl. Add the cranberries and 1/2 the dressing. Toss well. Cut the apple in quarters and remove the core. Slice the apples thinly and arrange on top of the kale around the outer edge of the bowl. Crumble the goat cheese and place in the middle on top of the kale. Drizzle the remaining dressing over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens