If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the best kale salad I have ever tasted: savory, sweet, garlicky and crunchy, I can't think of a better way to end the work day, or perhaps start the weekend. —tingroo
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 bundle of curly kale
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup plump, dried cranberries
- To make the dressing, whisk together garlic, olive oil, sea salt and lemon juice till emulsified. Alternatively you could use a food processor, but I found whisking worked out just fine.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, pour over dressing, and toss well to combine. Allow salad to rest in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes before digging in – this allows the kale to “relax” and take in the flavors.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens