If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Egg salad can be creamy and healthy - and without mayo. Mixing the egg with avocado and kale adds both creaminess and texture. -And health. —Jeanette Bronée, Path for Life
Kale (Marinated Kale)
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/4 teaspoon sea-salt
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove the stem, wash and chop the kale
- Put the kale in a steel bowl and sprinkle sea-salt over the kale, drizzle the mirin and oil over it as well
- Mix it all up and massage it with your bare hands, allowing the ingredients to mix and the sea-salt to wilt the kale.
- It is best to let the kale sit for a little bit so make it first before you start the rest of the recipe.
Soft-boiled egg and avocado
- 1 free-range GMO-feed free organic egg.
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 scallion
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- Bring water to a boil in a pot, enough to cover the egg. Punch a small hole in the egg with a needle or egg hole puncher.
- Add the egg gently into the boiling water with a spoon. If you are at sea-level, set the timer to 5 1/2 min. If you are at higher altitude you need to add time. Rinse in cold water when done. Peel it.
- Chop the scallion fine. Cut the 1/2 avocado and mash it with a fork and stir the scallion in. Add the peeled soft-boiled egg, mash and stir that in as well along with the fresh-ground pepper.
- Finally mix in the kale and serve with a sprinkle of chili flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens