If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just like kale, mustard greens crisp up in the oven on low heat with just a bit of olive oil and salt. These flavorful chips are paired with a salty, garlicky, minimalistic riff on a traditional Italian anchovy sauce. —AT BURNING DEGREES
- 1 bunch mustard greens
- 1 pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces tinned anchovies, salted and packed in olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the mustard greens first. Rinse and throughly dry the greens, then tear them by hand from the stem in large-ish pieces.
- Rub the greens gently with the olive oil, taking care to coat them lightly but not make them overly greasy. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake, checking often for 10-15 minutes or until they are light and crispy, and golden around the edges.
- While the greens are baking, prepare the anchovy sauce. Smash the garlic and anchovies together with the tinned oil in a mortar and pestle. You could also use a food processor.
- Add water to thin the anchovy paste to desired consistency.
- When the greens are done, remove from the oven and let cool for a few moments before arranging on a plate. Serve with the anchovy dip and a wedge of lemon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens