If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My go-to quick breakfast, lunch or dinner for me, the husband and picky toddler. —dj fiyah
- 1 cup Kale or Spinach
- 8 Eggs
- 1 handful Your Favorite Shredded or Diced Cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Add 1-2 teaspoons (depending on how much your frying pan sticks) of extra virgin coconut oil to a frying pan. Turn heat to medium low.
- Once the oil is melted, turn heat to low.
- In your blender/food processor, add 8 eggs (or just 8 egg whites if you prefer) and 1 cup (or a handful or two) of kale or spinach (or any dark leafy greens you have on hand). Blend/Food Process for 30 seconds or so until the kale is ground up. You don't want chunks of greens, especially for a picky toddler, so blend until the kale is well ground up.
- Add the mixture to the frying pan. Let sit for a few minutes, with heat on low.
- Once you start to see the egg mixture cooking, use a fork to stir the egg mixture every minute or so, creating a scramble. Be patient! At first you may think you added too much kale, but the greens seem to add cooking time to the eggs.
- Once the eggs scramble, but before they are entirely cooked, add the cheese. A handful of cheese is fine. I usually use a local brand of shredded Sharp White Cheddar. You can also omit the cheese entirely for a dairy-free option, and substitute a pinch of sea salt instead.
- Stir gently and continuously until the cheese is melted and loosely blended in the eggs.
- Remove from the pan and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens