If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Any cooked greens will do, but I came to love the earthy, sweet aroma that beet greens give to these popovers. —BrainSturtz
Makes: 6 popovers
cup bread flour
bunch of beet greens (from 3 beets) de-stemmed and chopped
clove of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 450
- Saute greens in butter and garlic for 3-5 minutes until soft
- Add milk to greens and steep for a couple of mlnutes
- Add mixture to blender and puree until smooth
- In three batches, blend in the flour
- Lastly, blend in your eggs and salt until a thin, crepe-like batter has formed
- Spray the cups of a popover pan with nonstick spray
- Pour the mixture in each cup, 3/4 full
- Bake in center of oven for 20 minutes and DO NOT open the oven
- Turn down temperature to 325 and cook for another 15 minutes - again, DON'T open the oven
- Take pan out of oven and poke a tiny hole in each popover with a knife to release the steam
- Slide popovers out onto a wire rack to cool
- Eat em up with a little hot sauce and poached eggs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens