If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Another name for this recipe would be: My SSS GREENS because its sweet, sour and salty. The sweetness from the stock mixture combined with salty haloumi and sour green apples makes this dish perfect as a side dish or even a meal for Lunch. The Greens are stir fried in coconut oil just before they begin to wilt which makes this dish clean and crisp. It's fresh, gluten free, vegetarian. Impress your guests with this wicked Green Mean scene. Also this recipe is suitable for any of your favourite dark leafy greens . I use all organic ingredients. I prefer an organic goats milk Haloumi cheese but cows milk haloumi works just as well. —Michelle Noble
- 1 handful Silver beet , stems discarded and Chopped roughly
- 1 handful Crunchy kale, Stems discarded and chopped roughly
- 1 handful Dandelion greens, stems discarded chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Organic Chicken/ vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Brown rice malt syrup
- 60 grams Haloumi cheese( goat/ cows milk). Sliced into 1cm thick pieces and cubed
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan heat stock and syrup together. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Heat a nonstick wok or sandwich press. Place haloumi on heat. Cook until golden brown. Transfer onto a paper towel.