If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty blend of winter veggies combined in a soup pot of love for health and nutrition. This soup will warm you soul as well as your taste buds with dark delicious kale and creamy white beans. As good for your body as it is for your spirit. —Canned Time
Makes 3 quarts
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 28 ounces Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 bunch Kale, washed, stemmed and chopped
- 4 Small Sweet Peppers, sliced
- 6 Radish, halved
- 1 Sweet Potato peeled, large diced
- 1 pint canned corn
- 3 - 4 Cans of White Beans I used Navy and Cannellini
- 2 quarts Filtered Water
- 2 Vegetable Bullion Cubes
- Spices to taste: Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Onion
- Spices to taste: I used 1 tsp. Sea Salt, 1 Tbs. Red Pepper flakes, 1 Tbs. Garlic powder, 1 tsp. White Pepper Heat Olive oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven. Saute the diced onion until tender. Add in the water, bullion cubes and seasoning. Add in all the vegetables and tomato sauce / paste. Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat down to a simmer and add in the beans. Cover and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender or until you’re ready to eat. I had this batch on the stove for about 5 hours on low. Freeze leftovers for quick meals on cold nights.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens