If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
A delicious new combination of millet, Shitake mushrooms and kale, topped with cooked bacon! My family loves it and yours will too!
A delicious new combination of millet, Shitake mushrooms and kale, topped with cooked bacon! My family loves it and yours will too!—Ronna F
Serves: 4 to 6
cup vegetable broth
ounces trimmed and torn kale
pieces bacon, diced
cup sliced onion
ounces Shitake mushrooms
cloves garlic, minced
piece (1/2-inch) fresh ginger, cut into thin slices
teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add millet. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kale. Cover and continue cooking for 12 minutes or until the kale and millet are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked bacon to paper towels; drain, reserving about a tablespoon of the drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onions, mushrooms, garlic and ginger until onion is tender. Stir the kale mixture into the mushroom mixture. Stir in the salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the bacon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Green Holiday Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens