If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a little like pecan pie but with macadamia nuts. You can also serve with a little bit of homemade whipped cream —MarieGlobetrotter
Shortcrust pastry dough
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 400 macadamia nuts (2 1/2 cups app), whole
- 4 eggs
- 100 milliliters corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Beat together butter, sugar and salt. Continue to beat the batter, add the egg, then the flour. Stir until you have a smooth thick mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Roll out the dough and line a buttered tart pan with shortcrust pastry dough. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Quickly roast the whole macadamia nuts in the oven on 300F, about 5 minutes. Set aside
- Beat together the egg and sugar. Stir in the corn syrup and vanilla extract. Pour this on the dough then arrange the macadamia nuts on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 350F, then another 30 minutes on 325F Let cool completely.