Author Notes: This is a little like pecan pie but with macadamia nuts. You can also serve with a little bit of homemade whipped cream —MarieGlobetrotter
Shortcrust pastry dough
tablespoons granulated sugar
pinch pinch of salt
macadamia nuts (2 1/2 cups app), whole
milliliters corn syrup
tablespoons powder sugar
teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Beat together butter, sugar and salt. Continue to beat the batter, add the egg, then the flour. Stir until you have a smooth thick mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Roll out the dough and line a buttered tart pan with shortcrust pastry dough. Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Quickly roast the whole macadamia nuts in the oven on 300F, about 5 minutes. Set aside
- Beat together the egg and sugar. Stir in the corn syrup and vanilla extract. Pour this on the dough then arrange the macadamia nuts on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes on 350F, then another 30 minutes on 325F Let cool completely.