If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my "go to" green drink for breakfast - the lime adds a lip-smacking punch and the avocado makes it oh so creamy! Using chard tastes best to me, but you could also substitute a large kale leaf or handful of spinach for the chard leaf. And if you really love sweet or want to trick a child into liking their greens, substitute banana for avocado. My sister calls it, "an intestinal broom", my husband says, "more like a leaf blower"...you get the picture... —Lindsay Grote
- 1 large swiss chard leaf
- 3 pieces FRESH pineapple (frozen works too & makes the drink cooler)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/8 green apple
- 1/16 lime (really - you just need a sliver, rind & all)
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Throw all ingredients into your blender. Optional: Add 3-4 ice cubes to make it cool on a hot day.
- Blend until smooth (less than 1 minute using my Vitamix!).
- Pour and drink up all the fresh nutrients asap!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens