Author Notes: Creamy Red Lentil and Kale Soup...red lentils, tomatoes, onions, chopped fresh kale and creamy coconut milk makes this a perfect cozy weather meal. It's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, budget friendly and ready in about 30 minutes or so! —Karielyn
cups organic red lentils (uncooked)
cups organic vegetable broth
organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5 oz can)
organic roma tomatoes (small/diced)
organic onions (large/diced)
cup organic kale (chopped)
tablespoons organic tomato sauce
teaspoons organic ground cumin powder
teaspoon pink himalayan salt
1 - 2
pinches organic ground cayenne pepper
- Prepare veggies: dice onions and tomatoes and chop kale into small pieces.
- Put all ingredients (EXCEPT: chopped kale and coconut milk) into a medium-sized pot, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer (low/medium) and cover and cook for 30 - 40 minutes (or until the lentils are soft), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add the chopped kale and coconut milk, stir well.
- Add additional vegetable broth/pink himalayan salt/seasonings, if needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens