Author Notes: There’s something about the way a tahini-lemon dressing complements dark, leafy greens. It brings out their earthiness and gives them character the way simple vinegar and oil just can’t do. And this is easy and filling to boot! Leave out the cheese to make it vegan.
See more at http://threecleversisters.com/2012/03/16/roasted-kale-and-potato-salad-with-tahini-dressing/
Adapted from a recipe in gourmet. —sarabclever
pounds waxy potatoes (like Yukon Gold) cut into 3/4 inch pieces
cup olive oil
cloves garlic, chopped fine
cup parmesan, grated (and divided); optional
tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
pound kale, stems and center ribs discarded and leaves very thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in upper third.
- Toss potatoes with oil and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a large 4-sided sheet pan, then spread evenly. Roast, stirring a few times, 25-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, and ½ teaspoon salt in a blender until smooth, or puree using an immersion blender. (Add a bit of water if sauce is too thick.)
- When the potatoes are nearly done, stir in half the parmesan cheese, if using. Roast for 5 more minutes, then spread the chopped kale over, turn off the oven, and close the door and let the salad rest for 5 minutes. The kale will wilt in the residual heat of the oven.
- When wilted, stir the kale in to evenly distribute, along with the tahini dressing and remaining parmesan, if using. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dinner That Makes a Good Lunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens