If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is so idiotically simple. It is really a testament to what really good pumpkin seed oil can do for a vegetable. If it is available in your area, try butternut squash seed oil from Stony Brook Wholehearted Foods (https://www.wholeheartedfoods.com). —Karen
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin seed oil
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Wash kale, remove the spines and discard. Tear leaves into 2-inch pieces. Put a steamer basket inside a large pot filled with water just below the steamer basket. Place kale inside. Cover and steam for about 15 minutes, until kale is bright green and tender.
- Remove kale from basket into a large salad bowl. Toss with pumpkin seed oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Top with pepitas. Serve immediately.