If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like the goat butter in this dish, because it has a slightly lighter, creamier flavor, but you can use regular butter instead if you don’t have or can’t find. The juxtaposition of the ouzo against the butter adds a nice contrast. We served this with lamb the other night and the two went very well together. —coffeefoodwrite
Serves 2-4 (as a side dish)
- 1 bunch red kale (washed and dried -- organic if poss.)
- 1 small red onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- French gray sea salt (or any sea salt yo
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 pat goat butter (or regular butter if you don’t ha
- 4 teaspoons Ouzo
- 1. Slice kale in thick chunks.
- 2. Sauté kale and red onion in enough olive oil to cover bottom of pan, over medium heat, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes until almost tender. Add sliced garlic, toss, turn heat down a bit and cook an additional 6 minutes or so until tender.
- 3. Add pat of butter, the ouzo and toss, cook for one minute more. Serve