If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on traditional Southern Collard greens. Local and organic. —ashlea
Maple Roasted Pecans
tablespoons pure maple syrup
bunch collard greens
Vidalia Sweet Onion
tablespoons olive oil
ounces organic chicken or vegetable broth
teaspoon kosher salt
- Toss pecans with maple syrup. Roast on 300 for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large iron skillet.
- Slice onion and apple. Add to heat skilllet. Cook until tender.
- Wash collards thoroughly. Cut stems off. Chop or tear roughly. Add to skillet with onions and apple.
- Add chicken broth. Simmer on medium low to medium heat until tender.
- Serve with pecans sprinkled on top. Eat up!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens