If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes I just want to eat a stack of pancakes, and I want them to be healthy enough that I can eat the stack without feeling super guilty/like a blob. These delicious gluten-free, optionally vegan pancakes do the trick! —Erika
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons plain or soy yogurt
- 5 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 piece medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, optional
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes while you make the batter. Whisk together the flours, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the yogurt, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and oil, if using. Mix until smooth (there is no gluten in this batter, so no worries about over-mixing and creating tough pancakes). Batter should be thick, but if you like thinner pancakes, add an additional tablespoon or two of milk. Fold in sliced bananas.
- Nudge a few drops of oil around a large frying pan with a spatula to grease the pan. Let heat for a minute, then add batter, ¼ cup at a time (batter should sizzle when it hits the pan). Cook for about 2 minutes on each side (the first pancakes will take the longest to cook) and serve warm, with lots of maple syrup, additional bananas, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.