If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh fettuccine pasta tossed in a sweet caramelized roasted garlic and rosemary sauce. —Riley Wofford
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Cut the heads of garlic in half crosswise and place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle the olive oil over the tops and fold the foil up around the garlic to seal. Roast for about 1 hour, until the garlic cloves are soft and lightly caramelized. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Remove the garlic from the foil and squeeze the cloves into a blender with the vinegar, heavy cream, rosemary, parsley, and sugar and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the sauce into a large skillet and place over low heat.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until al dente. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pasta to the skillet with the garlic sauce and toss gently to combine. Add the cheese and toss again to coat.