If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We've been experiencing quite a cold winter up here in the Great White North. This indulgent but highly nutritious recipe is my favorite way to warm up.
(Maca Root a.k.a 'Peruvian Ginseng' is a nutrient dense root that lowers anxiety and provides a lot of minerals and vitamins the body craves during the winter months. Maca is also a great vegetarian/vegan source for vitamin B-12. Added bonus, maca boost sexual organs and balances hormones.) —Dee
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons maca powder (optional)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (large) pinch of sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne (for the adventurist)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs (or dark chocolate shavings)
- Blend all ingredients except cacao nibs together in a blender or whisk until well combined.
- Heat in a pot at medium temperature.
- Once warmed, pour into your favourite mugs, add cacao nibs, sip and enjoy.