If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I had already learned a simple black bean dip recipe from a friend some time ago (not sure where she found it, so sorry if I can't properly credit you!), but I wanted to experiment with a little spice to it. You can add even a little more if you want a bit more kick. —Rachel Ayn Pickens
Makes 1.5 cups
- 1 15 oz Can of Black Beans, Rinsed, Drained
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, Peeled, Finely Chopped (or 2 Smaller Cloves)
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 0.5 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- Pepper to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Peel and finely chop garlic (it should be one large head or two smaller heads)
- Add beans, garlic, and other ingredients to blender. Blend on high for about 50 seconds or until smooth.
- Taste and add more cumin, chili, salt, or pepper as to your taste.
- Chill until ready to serve. I enjoy it with multi-grain crackers, but it would be great with veggies or chips as well!