If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this mulled cider recipe for the holiday season. Something to warm you up from the inside. A mug of comfort. I served it at a get-together and saw people getting second servings. The next day, they asked for the recipe. One friend even told me she was gonna serve it on Christmas Eve. Yes, this recipe is a winner. —Sini | My Blue&White Kitchen
Serves 2–3 (but the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled)
- 500 milliliters (~2 cups; 17 fl oz) unfiltered, unsweetened apple juice
- zest of ½ an orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ½ a thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled & sliced
- 2 whole allspice berries
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 130 grams (1 ½ dl, packed; 4.6 oz) light muscovado sugar
- optional: 2 tbsp calvados
- Remove from the heat and discard the spices (you can leave some for garnish, if you wish). Add the calvados for an even more delicious mug of comfort. Serve hot.