If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The other night we came home late and were looking for a quick and easy meal. We had some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and some mixed cherry heirloom tomatoes. So we decided to put them together with some other ingredients for our dinner. We also had some of our homemade Ranch Dressing left and decided to cook the chicken as a simplified Chicken Parmesan and serve it with a dollop of the Ranch Dressing to add some salt, sour and oiliness to the otherwise fairly dry chicken. The meal was very quick and easy to make and turned out delicious and colorful. So here it is. —Tom and Anita Morgan
For the chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 heaping T of flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parsley sprigs or chopped for garnish
- 1/3-1/2 cups Ranch dressing; we used our homemade Ranch
Sauteed Tomatoes and Peas:
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes of several colors, washed and dried and brought to room temperature
- 6 ounces peas brought to room temperature and dried if frozen
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- In a plastic freezer bag, pound the chicken to about ¼” thickness; trim off rough edges. Pat dry the chicken and sprinkle with granulated garlic and pepper.
- Beat the egg with 1 t olive oil. Mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- First dip both sides of chicken pieces into flour, then dip in egg mixture and next dip into the bread crumbs.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, sauté the chicken pieces in the olive oil until lightly browned on both sides. About 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place in a 200 *F warming oven while the tomatoes and peas are sauteed.
- In a small saute pan, heat the oil on a medium low flame.
- When the oil is hot, put in the tomatoes and saute while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and peas and continue sauteing until the tomatoes start to wrinkle; about 2 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- For the homemade Ranch Dressing recipe go to our blog @ tomandanitamorgan.blogspot.com and look under Easy Chicken Parmesan with Sauteed Tomatoes and Peas...
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken