If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup has all of the flavors of decadent Chicken Parmesan, but in a more waist-friendly vehicle. Chicken broth and crushed tomatoes are simmered with garlic, onion, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes for an aromatic base. Shredded lean chicken breast, green bell pepper, and gemelli pasta fill you up. And everything is topped with a little cheese, of course. —foxeslovelemons
Makes: 6 cups
garlic cloves, minced
green bell pepper, chopped
ounces crushed tomatoes
pound raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts
cups chicken broth
cup chopped white onion
cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
tablespoon chopped fresh basil
teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy!)
ounces uncooked dry gemelli or penne pasta
Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- In the slow cooker, stir together the garlic, bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, chicken, broth, onion, the cheese, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours, or on low for 7 hours.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board and coarsely shred them; return them to the slow cooker; stir in the pasta. Cook on high for 30 minutes longer or until pasta is cooked al dente.
- Serve garnished with more Parmesan cheese and chopped basil or parsley.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken