If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple morning scrambled eggs with fresh mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes. —Riley Wofford
Serves 4 to 6
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallots and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to soften. Transfer the tomatoes to a small bowl and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet. Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large bowl to combine and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the eggs to the skillet and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring gently until the eggs are glossy and soft curds begin to form. Stir in the reserved tomatoes and mozzarella and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.